Always environmentally pro-active, we understand that responsible business is good business. Alter works closely with governmental agencies on meeting and exceeding established guidelines for the scrap industry, which in turn helps protect our suppliers and customers.Alter Trading Corporation ISO 9001 certificates.
Alter Trading Corporation ISO 14001 certificates.
The Alter quality policy is a commitment to continually improve our product processes and systems to meet and/or exceed the needs of our customers and to deliver defect free products on time, every time, by:
- Utilizing a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Communicating well throughout the organization to assure that all personnel understand our business objectives and how they relate to those objectives.
- Providing training and guidance that promotes personal growth and skills.
- Providing adequate tooling, equipment, materials and systems to achieve the best possible service and minimize process variation.
Alter is one of the nation's largest ISO certified 9001 and 14001 recyclers and scrap metal brokers
Alter Metal Recycling is committed to being high quality provider of scrap metal, striving to constantly exceed customer expectations. Alter seeks to achieve this goal by continually improving our customer satisfaction, supplier relationships and business management system.
By focusing on our quality, innovation, teamwork and integrity, we have satisfied our customers, employees, suppliers and the communities in which we live, by giving them the right to expect more from Alter. Achieving ISO certification is just one more indication of our dedication to this goal.
ISO 9001 is a standard for "quality management". This means that the organization has implemented a quality management system of policies and procedures to fulfill its customer's quality requirements and applicable regulatory requirements, while aiming to enhance customer satisfaction, and achieve continual improvement of the organization's products quality performance.
ISO 14001 is a standard for "environmental management". This designation indicates an organization meets certain requirements that focus on minimizing the organization's aspects and related impacts on the environment and achieves continual improvement of its environmental performance.
How standards help consumers
In today's increasingly global manufacturing and trading environment, consumers expect that the services and products that they purchase will not only be consistent in quality, durability and ease of use, but also safe and ecologically friendly. In addressing these areas of major concern to consumers, ISO standards help by representing a consensus on the best knowledge and experience available worldwide. The voluntary rules and guidelines they contain help to ensure:
- safer, healthier, more environmentally sound products
- improved quality and reliability
- better operational compatibility between products
- greater consistency in the delivery of services
- easier access to and greater choice in goods and services
- better product information
- suitable products for vulnerable populations
- lower costs and greater competition, hence lower prices for consumers.
The building blocks of quality at Alter are consistency, documentation and employee training. The Alter quality policy is a commitment to continually improve our product processes and systems to meet and/or exceed the needs of our customers and to deliver defect free products on time, every time. We also understand that responsible business is good business. That's why when it comes to the environment, you can rest assured that Alter will always work closely with governmental agencies on meeting and exceeding established guidelines for the scrap industry, which in turn helps protect our suppliers and customers.